Mathematics Department News - 2006
On the 1 August 2006 the School of Informatics ceased to exist, and a School of Electronic Engineering and a School of Computer Science came into existence within the new College of Physical & Applied Science.
The following acting Heads of College/School have been appointed:
- College of Physical & Applied Science: Prof Alan Shore,
- School of Computer Science : Prof Nigel John,
- School of Electronic Engineering : Dr Paul Spencer.
Some graduation photos.
Congratulations to all our students graduating on Thursday July 20th, and in particular to those awarded the following prizes:
- Joint recipients of the J H Gee Prize for Mathematics:
- Ceri Owens
- Catrin Plumpton
- Joint recipients of the R A Jones Prize for Mathematics:
- Simon Roberts
- Pat Saunderson
- Alan Tabberer
- Ceri Owens has also been awarded the Paul Green memorial award, for the most meritorious individual project by an undergraduate in the School of Informatics.
Congratulations to all our final-year students on the excellent BSc and MMath degree results announced this afternoon.
Topology & Groupoids:
a retitled, revised, refined and expanded edition of Ronald Brown's Topology, previously published in 1968 and 1988, just released.
Congratulations to Gareth Evans on the award of a PhD for his thesis: "Noncommutative Involutive Bases"